Petco Adoption Events
PRVT Holiday Candy
If you believe in rescue, please help our poodles by supporting Poodle Rescue of Vermont.
Volunteer for PRVT
Like us on Facebook
Shop our eBay Store
Shop our PRVT Store
Surrendering a dog can be an emotional and difficult decision. If you are considering surrender, please visit our Surrender Center to learn about the options and resources available to you.
For information or an emergency, contact us:
P.O. Box 8355
Essex Junction, VT 05451
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
Helping Poodles. Helping People. Creating Families.
Poodle Rescue of Vermont also Presents Their
2013 Holiday Candy Sale!
poodle rescue and enjoy
Help PRVT bring the Tono-pen to the Valley!
Give a Forever home to a senior for the Holidays!
Poodles Available for Adoption
Click on their names to learn more about them.
Toy Size (10 inches and under at the shoulder)
Mini Size (Between 10 and 15 inches - most are in the 13-15" range)
Standard Size (Over 15 inches at the shoulder - most are in the 22-27" range)
None at this time.
NEW HOPE PARTNERS
Animal Care & Control of New York City (AC&C) is the largest companion animal organization in the Northeast, caring for more than 40,000 animals each year. As a not-for- profit organization AC&C has been under contract with the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to be responsible for New York City's municipal shelter system since 1995, rescuing, caring for, and finding loving homes for homeless and abandoned animals in New York City. AC&C operates facilities in all five boroughs, with care centers located in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island and pet receiving centers in Queens and the Bronx.
The Purpose of New Hope
The New Hope program is AC&C’s proactive community initiative aimed at finding homes for New York City's unwanted pet population. To accomplish this, AC&C establishes and cultivates mutually-beneficial and productive relationships with cat, dog and exotic animal placement organizations that assist and partner with AC&C in placing animals, many of which may require specialized medical care or behavior training. New Hope partners take ownership of AC&C animals and care for them in shelters, foster homes, boarding facilities, and/or their own private facilities prior to placing them in permanent homes through their own adoption processes.
AC&C employs New Hope staff to serve as direct contacts for New Hope partners, to respond to inquires about animals of interest, to communicate information about animals most in need of placement, and to ultimately process the final placement of animals with partner organizations. The Placement Supervisor oversees, develops and updates the New Hope program placement guidelines & processes, responds to questions regarding the New Hope program, reviews and approves New Hope partner applications, and serves as the point person for communicating and responding to any problems.
• Holly's Story - December 2012
• The Poodle Press - Winter 2012
• The Poodle Press - Summer 2012
What We Do
• Support: We provide ongoing support to all of our dogs and their new owners.
• Rescue: We rescue Poodles from shelters, pounds, puppy mills, and backyard breeders.
• Surrender: We provide services without judgement to owners considering surrendering their dogs.
• Transport: We arrange ground and air transportation to bring dogs into our family from across the US.
• Foster: Our network of dedicated foster families provide the love and support that rescued dogs need.
• Home: We thoroughly screen adoption applicants to place our dogs in their perfect new home.
• Care: Our dogs receive the best emergency and preventative medical care available.
• Promote: We promote the importance of pet spaying and neutering.
• Educate: We strive to educate the public on animal abuse, endangerment, and neglect.
• Cooperate: We work with other rescue organizations and individuals for the greater good.
• Fundraise: Our services are 100% financed by your generosity and love of Poodles.
What We Don't Do
• Profit: We are proud to be a 100% uncompensated, volunteer organization.
• Surrender Fee: We never charge a surrender fee to owners trying to do the right thing.
• Discriminate: We welcome Poodles of any age, size, condition, or otherwise into our family.
• Overhead: As a foster home-based rescue our funds go directly to dog care expenses.
• Give up: Dogs are always there for us. We will always be there for them.